Scholz Nonprofit Law helps organizations obtain and maintain tax-exemption or decide if tax-exemption is necessary.

  • Options for federal tax-exempt status, such as charitable or educational organizations – 501(c)(3), social welfare organizations – 501(c)(4), trade or business associations – 501(c)(6)
  • Application for Federal Tax Exemption, such as IRS Form 1023
  • IRS Form 1023-EZ, the streamlined application for tax-exemption, for qualified applicants
  • Public charity qualification
  • Fiscal sponsorships
  • Group exemptions
  • Tax-exempt vs. taxable options
  • State sales tax issues and exemption
  • State property tax exemption
  • Government communication, such as communication with tax agencies
  • Ongoing compliance as a tax-exempt entity
  • Unrelated business income tax issues
  • Annual tax filings (Form 990)
This is not an exhaustive list. Please contact us to see if we can be of help to you.

Back to Services Page