Through our real estate practice, Scholz Nonprofit Law assists nonprofits, businesses, and funding sources — including banks, private investors, and governments — to develop, finance, purchase, and sell real estate.
Our experience includes:
- Helping clients finance, develop, purchase and sell residential, commercial, and industrial real estate;
- Serving as borrower counsel, underwriter counsel, issuer counsel, and bank counsel on numerous municipal and conduit bond issues;
- Working with lenders, non-profit sponsors, developers, and investors on tax credit financings;
- Representing lenders and large borrowers on sophisticated commercial lending projects;
- Assisting developers with land acquisition, annexation, and zoning issues, with subdivision, mixed-use development and financing issues;
- Negotiating and drafting development agreements, leases, condominium declarations, and master condominium documents for large mixed-use developments;
- Assisting clients with long-term strategic plans for mixed-use of real estate in urban core and adjacent suburban areas; and,
- Advising on day-to-day operation of a large hospitality company, including real estate acquisitions and sales, real estate development and property management, hotel management, supply agreements and securities/corporate governance issues.
See also Operations and Business Transactions and Employment.